About Green Rebel
Green Rebel is a data company providing a full suite of site investigation services to the offshore wind sector across our three key divisions; Marine Geo, Aerial and MetOcean. We ensure the highest quality service with our accomplished team of scientists, analysts and experienced business leaders, coupled with dedicated survey vessels and aircraft. Our mission is to be a driving force in the successful harnessing of offshore green energy globally, helping to meet key global renewable energy targets. We’re Cork city, with offices and our vessels located in Crosshaven Boatyard, Co. Cork and our MetOcean team based in Limerick. Green Rebel is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and seeks to be a major employer in the renewables industry in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work for our employees.
The Hydrographic Surveyor will work directly with Senior Surveyors and Party Chiefs to collect and deliver top-quality hydrographic data products. They will ensure the project specifications are met while using cutting-edge equipment. This will require quality control and monitoring during acquisition, knowledge of the equipment and software, and meticulous data management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisition and management of hydrographical data
- Mobilising equipment, including testing and calibrating
- Reading and understanding project specifications
- Maintaining expert knowledge and respect for safety protocols
- Assisting with quality control and record keeping
- Assisting with offline data processing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BSc Degree or HND qualification in relevant survey related discipline
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of positioning and motion reference systems
- Experience with industry standard software (e.g. QPS, Teledyne, iXBlue, C-Nav)
- Experience in a similar role would be beneficial
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in working offshore or the offshore wind energy industry would be beneficial.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.