About Green Rebel
Green Rebel is a data company providing a full suite of site investigation services to the offshore wind sector across our three key divisions; Marine Geo, Aerial and MetOcean. We ensure the highest quality service with our accomplished team of scientists, analysts and experienced business leaders, coupled with dedicated survey vessels and aircraft. Our mission is to be a driving force in the successful harnessing of offshore green energy globally, helping to meet key global renewable energy targets. We’re Cork city, with offices and our vessels located in Crosshaven Boatyard, Co. Cork and our MetOcean team based in Limerick. Green Rebel is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and seeks to be a major employer in the renewables industry in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work for our employees.
The Marine Geophysicist will work directly with Senior Surveyors and Party Chiefs to collect and deliver top-quality hydrographic data products as part of products supporting offshore developments. They will ensure that project specifications are met while using sub-bottom profiling and ultra-high resolution seismic systems. This will require quality control and monitoring during acquisition, knowledge of the equipment and software, and meticulous data management. Salary is competitive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisition and management of geophysical data
- Mobilising equipment, including testing and calibrating
- Reading and understanding project specifications
- Maintaining expert knowledge and respect for safety protocols
- Assisting with quality control and record keeping
- Assisting with offline data processing
- Contributing to reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BSc Degree or HND qualification in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with industry standard software (e.g. CODA, EdgeTech, Innomar)
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in the offshore wind energy industry would be beneficial.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.